As we are implementing new coding possibilities alongside existing ones (which we do not have to tell everyone about as FDL editing is widely known), we also thought about how to make simple and especially recurring codings, like changing a few parameters to “aktiv” like start stop memory activation, a lot easier.
Long story short: we implemented a scripting feature for changing 1-n parameters in a CAF with 1 Click. The below illustration will explain that feature more in depth:
So as you can see, there are 2 major steps required:
1. Creating the script and activating it
- A. Scripts are created in our EsysNeXt cloud application.
- Scripts are not tied to a specific car, they are dependent on a specific CAF main version and sub version, which means that a CAF created for CAF with SGBMID cafd_00001234-001_002_003 can be used for all cars that have the same CAF with SGBMID cafd_00001234-001_002_001 – cafd_00001234-001_002_255
- You only define parameters to change and do not have to know anything about the state of the car
- B. After the Script has been activated, it is registered on our cloud storage and you received a unique Script ID for it
- You can use the Script ID for any car with the same ECU -> CAF SGBMID to code the changes. No limitations like “max. number of usages”…
- Alternatively, you can create a script and send it to any customer, that wants the coding done
- You can create multiple scripts for a single multi-ecu coding and send a combination of script IDs to customers
2. Applying the scripts codings at a car
- C. Either you code a car yourself or you send the code to a customer. Once the Script ID has been put into our new native scripting tool, it will receive the coding change list from our cloud storage.
- D. Our tool will get the actual coding of the specific ECU and merge the change list with the actual coding. Parameters, which aren’t specified in your script, will be left untouched. This is illustrated underneath the second step
Additional notes regarding that feature:
- The scripting feature will be included in our coding license and won’t replace other coding features
- Scripts are always saved in your account as well as its Script ID
- Scripts can be downloaded as FDL script for usage in EsysX’s FDL scripting feature for users with an existing EsysX license
Here are some WIP pictures of our scripting feature.
Disclaimer: This feature is still a WIP (work in progress) so minor changes may be done till releasing it. There will be more info regarding the feature as soon as it is released. If you have any feedback on what might be interesting for you as customers, gladly let us know. We will do our best to include everything that is doable from a implementation point of view.
Additional features and improvements for existing features
We added a Series to Main Series Helper to our Utils. This information is dynamically parsed from the psdz data which our cloud app is connected to, so its always up to date. This feature is free for all registered users.
There will be an overview of all existing cafs in the latest psdz data release. For each CAF, you can check for which ECU it is, in which main series it is used, which coding version it is (1,2,3) and if we have it mapped on our side (all parameters untrimmed), partially mapped (some UNKNOWN params) or not mapped at all. This feature is free for all registered users.
As we received feedback for our FA Options browser to include specific model information for type codes, e.g. 316i USA LL, we implemented that. This information is dynamically added depending on the newest psdz release, so always up to date. This feature is free for all registered users.